The Association Office Package (Business Insurance) provides coverage to nonprofit trade, professional associations and societies for Business Property, Business Income and Extra Expense, General Liability and more.
This program is administered exclusively by Aon Affinity Nonprofits, a division of Affinity Insurance Services, Inc., underwritten by Great American Insurance Group and reinsured by ASAE Insurance Company.
Below is a brief description of the primary components of the Association Office Package. Click each category to learn more information.
Helps cover your association’s legal responsibility when negligent acts result in bodily injury and/or property damage to others. This includes:
- Premises and Operations — Offers coverage for injury or damage arising out of your premises or business operations while such operations are in progress.
- Products and Completed Operations — Offers coverage for claims arising out of products sold, manufactured, handled or distributed, or operations which are complete.
- Personal and Advertising Injury — Covers damages when you become legally obligated to pay for personal injury exposures and advertising injury, including slander, libel, invasion of privacy, and copyright infringement.
- Damage to Rented Premises — Coverage available for your liability to others if you occupy leased or rented property for which you could be held legally liable for damage to the property due to fire or explosion. Optional coverage to include all covered perils may be available.*
- Medical Expense — Pays medical bills when your customers, suppliers, or visitors are injured on your premises or as a result of your operations outside of your premises.
- Host Liquor Liability — Covers your liability while hosting business functions arising out of service of alcohol.
Meeting, Convention and Trade Show Liability
Liability coverage requested by a venue for meetings, conventions and trade shows with fewer than 10,000 attendees per day.
Employee Benefits Liability Coverage
Provides insurance for the sums that you become legally obligated to pay as a result of damages sustained by an employee, former employee, prospective employee, or the beneficiaries or legal representatives caused by any negligent act, error or omission in the administration of your employee benefit program.
You may also elect the following liability coverages:
- Higher General Liability Limits — (where applicable) $2,000,000 each occurrence/$4,000,000 aggregate
- Chapter Liability
- Umbrella Liability
- Special Event Liability — General Liability coverage can be provided for certain events outside of the automatically included meetings, conventions and trade shows.
- Hired/Non-Owned Auto Liability Coverage — Protects you from losses resulting from bodily injury or property damage caused by the use of leased, hired, rented and/or borrowed vehicles, including your employees’ vehicles when used in connection with your business.
- Hired Auto Physical Damage — Protects you from losses resulting from damage to vehicles you hire or rent when used in connection with your business.
Association Office Package EDGE Endorsement
Increased Limits EDGE Endorsement
To help ensure that your coverage protects you for today’s current risks, we can also include the following optional coverages to tailor the Association Office Package to your organization’s needs. These coverages are subject to underwriting review.
Cyber Enhancement Endorsement*
This endorsement provides an affordable suite of cyber-related coverage that enhances the Association Office Package policy to help protect you against the growing exposure of cyber risk from both a first and third party standpoint.
- Website Publishing Liability — Provides coverage for content posted to your website that results in infringement of copyright, trademark, trade dress or service mark, or defamation or violation of a person’s right to privacy due to error, misstatement or misleading statements.
- Security Breach Liability — Provides coverage for neglect, breach of duty or omission that results in personal information in softcopy or hardcopy form that is acquired by or published by unauthorized parties. Coverage is also provided for release of malicious code from your computer system.
- Replacement or Restoration of Data — Provides coverage for the costs to replace or restore data or computer programs that are damaged or destroyed as a direct result of an e-commerce incident.
- Regulatory Proceedings Expense Sublimit — Provides coverage for the payment of fines, penalties and defense expenses as a result of a data breach.
- Public Relations Expense — Provides coverage for fees assessed by a public relations firm to rebuild your reputation after a computer breach or the release of virus, malicious code or denial of service attack.
- Security Breach Expense — Provides coverage for various expenses associated with the mitigation of a security breach.
Click here to view Cyber Enhancement Endorsement coverage rates and limits (PDF).
Employment Practices Liability (EPL)*
Helps protect your business for claims resulting from wrongful termination, discrimination, sexual harassment, wrongful discipline and failure to employ or promote. It is our recommendation that associations obtain their EPL coverage through the Directors’ and Officers’ Liability Insurance available through ASAE-Endorsed Association Business Insurance Solutions. Visit the Directors’ & Officers’ Liability page on this site for more details.
Provides coverage for your employees’ work-related injuries or illnesses. Employer’s Liability coverage is included and offers coverage for suits brought against the employer by the employee and/or their family for job-related accidents.
Other Policies in the ASAE-Endorsed Association Business Insurance Solutions Portfolio
Other Policies Available through Alternative Markets
- Special Event Liability
- ERISA Bond
- Media Liability
- Excess Umbrella
- Business/Group Travel Accident
- Fiduciary Liability
- Excess Crime
- Kidnap & Ransom
- Foreign Property/Liability
- Foreign Workers Compensation
*Coverage may not be available in all states or zip codes.
All descriptions, summaries or highlights of coverage are for general informational purposes only and do not amend, alter or modify the actual terms or conditions of any insurance policy. Coverage is governed only by the terms and conditions of the relevant policy.
Association Office Package program policies are underwritten by Great American Alliance Insurance Company, Great American Assurance Company, Great American Insurance Company, and Great American Insurance Company of New York, which are all authorized insurers in 50 states and the District of Columbia. If there is any conflict in the descriptions of coverage contained in this highlight sheet and the terms of the actual policy, the terms of the actual policy will be controlling. Great American Insurance Company is the owner of the following registered service marks: the Great American Insurance Group eagle logo, and the word marks "Great American" and "Great American Insurance Group". © 2014 Great American Insurance Company. All rights reserved. Great American Insurance Group, 301 E. 4th Street, Cincinnati, OH 45202.