The Showstoppers Event Cancellation coverage is provided to help protect your financial exposure for losses beyond the organizer’s control.
In the event of a claim under your policy it is recommend that you maintain a log of phone calls, emails, faxes and notices of attendees/exhibitors/speakers canceling and the reason for their cancellation.
- You should collect news reports, airport closure information, evidence of flight delays/cancellations, details of the facts and circumstances to support a loss.
- The more documentation you can collect, the better.
- The burden of proof is on you, so keeping documentation to support a loss will help in the claim process.
- It is your responsibility to do your due diligence to go on with the event or diminish a loss where possible.
If you need to report a claim, please e-mail Eileen Hoffman or Seth Fleischer the following information (or fax to 202-429-8584):
- Named Insured
- Policy Number
- Full Description of Claim: (Example: Our conference had reduced attendance due to the cancellation of flights as a result of…)
- The name, phone number and email address of the person we should contact for additional information regarding the claim.
If you have any questions, please contact our office at 1-800-432-7465, extension 5333.
Upon receipt of a written notification of the claim we will contact the insurance carrier and the claim adjuster.
- The claim adjuster will contact you directly to obtain additional information such as the supporting evidence for the loss.
- This may include a two to 3-year financial history of the event (if available), the event’s budget, actual financial information and possibly a request for copies of the event’s signed contracts.
- This is just an example of what may be requested and should not be interpreted as a complete list of requests from the claim adjuster.
Once a loss has been reviewed and approved by the insurance carrier a “proof of loss” statement is sent to you for your signature followed by a settlement.